Stone Paper Bags
A revolutionary new packaging product made of stone for the environmentally conscious.
- Water & Grease Proof - Our bags protect the contents from the elements and are ideally suited for food items.
- No Chemicals - Stone paper bags are naturally white so no bleaching and chemicals are required in the manufacturing process.
- Recyclable - Products made from stone paper can be recycled using traditional methods and are therefore easy to dispose of.
- Reusable - With the added strength and durability of the material, the bags can be used multiple times.
- Tear & Stain Resistant - The bags are resistant to staining and tear resistant so they can be stored and carried safely with peace of mind.
The environmental benefits
The manufacturing process of 1 tonne of stone paper saves...
- 20 Trees - From deforestation
- More Energy - Than the average home in the UK uses per year!
- 900kg of CO2 - Emissions prevented
- 60,000 Litres of Water -Saved through the innovative manufacturing process
- 150kg of solid waste - Avoided due to the recycling of limestone from existing quarries
- 100% Recyclable - Stone bags are photo degradable
Your questions answered about stone paper bags
If you are still unsure as to whether these bags are right for your business then please find the answers to the frequently asked questions.
How is stone paper made?
Leftovers from the marble mining process are used. Rocks are ground into small pebbles, then into fine powder. The powder is then mixed with plastic and turned into pellets. Pellets are then turned into other stone paper products.
Can food be transported in this type of bag?
This innovative carrier bag has multiple uses and one of them is food. They are food safe also hold the appropriate certification for food transportation.
How does the material hold up in poor weather?
The water-repellent properties of the material ensure stability and appearance even during bad weather conditions.
How do they compare to your traditional paper carrier bag?
Stone Paper is made using an eco-friendly production process that does not utilise water, bleach, acids or toxic chemicals and also does not create air pollution.
In comparison one tonne of traditional wood pulp paper (wood pulp paper is needed for traditional production), requires around 20 tall trees, 60,000 litres of water and can only be recycled up to 7 times meaning that natural forests are often cut or burned down to plant non indigenous, fast growing trees.
Does the printing process affect the eco-friendliness of the bag?
We use soy or water based inks when we print on our Stone Paper products which are a non toxic and more environmentally friendly alternative to traditional oil based inks.
Is it easy to recycle?
HDPE (High Density Polyethylene) is the most commonly recycled plastic and is considered one of the safest forms of plastic. It is a simple and cost effective process to recycle HDPE plastic for secondary use.
Since the global volume of Stone Paper is very low compared to the pulp paper, at it's current low volume it can be put in any recycling stream such as paper, plastic, glass, etc without adversely affecting or damaging the existing recycling streams.
Do you want to find out more?
For more information on our stone paper bags, please call us on 01438 742890 to speak to one of our team.